Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Have you heard the one about the woman who walks into a (blog) bar...???



Greetings and salutations...

Hope everybody is staying on that daily grind... Be happy. Some folks don't have a 'grind'.

I thought long and hard about starting this blog. What would I talk about? How much time would it require to maintain, and could I be doing something better with that time? I contemplated, then justified all the reasons not to. It just didn't seem it would be my thing.... Although, I AM a writer, so I guess the writing part wouldn't be so bad. But what would it be about??? I honestly had never really followed anyone's blog, so the need to convert wasn't really there yet... Not until more that one elder told me to write and tell my story. They said would be important for me to write, share my stories, ideas, and give insight into the world of this lil African-'African-American' girl. (yeah that was an intentional double African'ism)... Then a few weeks ago I revisited my friend at marioinhydepark.blogspot.com, and it hit me like a ton of bricks!!!!!! Ah ha!!!! I NEED TO WRITE!

NEED was the operative word. NEED. Like a sick craving for something that feels so good, it feels taboo. I almost feel guilty retreating to the solace of words falling to blank paper like the lips of lovers touching like fingers caressing bodies, like....... Okay you get the picture. I not only love to talk, intellectualize simple ideas, and find hope where there seems to be only gloom and apathy (i love that word!), I LOVE TO WRITE! And now blogging will allow me to think out loud through the open window of cyberspace... whatever the heck that means!

It means my family may tolerate me more now that they can share me with the world, and someone else can shock-absorb my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment